Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 9, 2010

another update

I can't seem to keep up with blogging! Here's another update of what I've been up to lately:

1. I tried to move in my mother, but that didn't work at all. I was on vacation, so I thought I'd try taking care of her. Unfortunately, she was up at 11:00 p.m., midnight, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. The realization that she needed round-the-clock care was difficult to accept, but she is now in a nursing home for a month to get some extra physical therapy.

2. My brother, Eddie, has been awesome by going to see her twice daily, making sure she walks, and cracking jokes to make her laugh until she cries!

3. My job is fantastic! My students have such a positive attitude after the Christmas break, and they're working much more diligently than at the beginning of the year.

4. I began two women's Bible studies: one at a local mission and one at my church on Sunday mornings. Both are doing well, and I'm looking forward to what God has planned for us.

5. I am a chicken as far as dating is concerned. A friend has offered to set up some blind dates, but I'm not entirely comfortable with that. The one person I would love to spend time with doesn't find me attractive that way, and I've had some creepy dudes that have actually made me more cautious than ever. Single is better than the marriage I had, so I can't complain.

I hope all is well with you in this new year. May God bless you and yours!

2 comments:

Paul Giggz said...

If you want to find a date instead of creating another Women Bible Study. Create one that allows both Male or Females. Or you can create one just for Males. And I bet you it you will find yourself a date just like that.

Michelle said...

Methinks God wants a guy to lead a men's Bible study, but thank you so much for your input. You made me smile! :o)